Data related summer courses for working professionals
Each summer, UCPH offers a variety of 5-day intensive summer courses for specialists and managers. In 2021, the following courses within the area of AI are offered:
Machine Learning is entering essentially all data-based fields, and Big Data is omnipresent from private industries to governmental organizations. It is a new approach to problem solving, and while the potential is often exaggerated, Machine Learning does indeed introduce new opportunities, but it also poses some very real challenges.
This course will bring you to the forefront of the field of applied machine learning by introducing you to the newest tools and methods in large-scale data analysis based on cutting-edge research and the extensive experience.
After the course you will:
- Be able to set up a basic Machine Learning Analysis from beginning to end: from retrieving and cleaning the data, to establishing the information level, extracting patterns and finding outliers, to curating the necessary data.
- Be acquainted with a number of advanced tools for data cleaning, statistical analysis of very large datasets, data stream analysis, finding patterns and outliers in Big Data, collecting data from instruments and devices (e.g. internet of things (IoT)) and for hardware systems design for efficient handling and analysis of Big Data.
Deep learning is arguably the hottest trend in data analysis. It has pushed the boundaries in Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) and has been outperforming the state-of-the-art in numerous applications across a wide range of domains. These include object classification in images, information retrieval along with web search, natural language processing tasks such as automatic translation, and bioinformatics.
This course will give you detailed insight into deep learning, introducing you to the basics as well as to the latest tools and methods in this emerging field.
By completing the course:
- you will be able to set up and use basic deep learning techniques.
- You will learn how to use deep convolutional neural networks and recurrent neural networks for image, text, and time series analysis tasks.
- You will also become acquainted with advanced tools and become familiar with using appropriate computational resources to train and apply deep learning models.
The course will also teach you the theoretical foundations of deep neural networks, which will provide you with the understanding necessary for adapting and successfully applying deep learning in your own applications.
(Only available in danish)
Ny satellitteknologi giver f.eks. mulighed for arbejde med overvågning af afgrøder, arealanvendelse, kysterosion, byernes grønne struktur og generelle tematikker omkring klimatilpasning. Resultater fra satellitbilledanalyser kan nemt integreres i et Geografisk Informations System (GIS) og sammen med eksisterende vektordata belyse relevante problemstillinger i relation til naturressourceforvaltning og byplanlægning.
Kurset bringer den enkelte deltager i stand til at indhente og håndtere den nyeste udvikling inden for frit tilgængeligt jordobservationsdata til at udføre anvendelsesorienteret analyse baseret på hands-on eksempler og integrere disse i et eksisterende GIS.
Efter deltagelse i kurset om Remote Sensing, GIS og Geoinformatik vil du:
- Kunne hente/downloade og anvende remote sensing data til kortlægning af naturressourcer.
- Kende til grundlæggende remote sensing begreber og principper.
- Kende til remote sensing datatyper og deres anvendelser (satellitter, sensorer, etc.).
- Kunne udføre billedklassifikation af arealanvendelse samt change detection analyse for udvalgt område.
- Kunne integrere resultater fra remote sensing og GIS - herunder rasterdata til vektordata konvertering.
- Kunne rette op på geometri- og topologifejl i vektordata.
- Kunne sammenkøre remote sensing og øvrige, eksisterende GIS data.
- Kunne gennemføre og præsentere relevante analyser på baggrund af remote sensing data og øvrige, eksisterende geodata
Application deadline on 31 May 2021.
About Copenhagen Summer University
Copenhagen Summer University offers courses to managers and professionals from both public and private organisations. Common to all the courses is that they are developed and run by senior professors and researchers from the University of Copenhagen. In order to ensure the high quality, relevance and practical applicability of the courses, experts from the private sector and top international researchers are also invited to take part.